Diane worked at the new branch at Yagoona in the early 1960s with Doug Gibson, Peter Shea and John Ness.
Aubrey, her father, was in charge of Fixed Deposits at Sydney Office until his retirement.
Geoff, Diane's husband, used to work at CAGA.
Heather worked in Accountants Department Brisbane Office 1968. Heather had two brothers working in CBC :-
Des Johnston passed away suddenly after early morning run. He was Manager Wee Waa at the time. Des was 2IC Temora prior to John Beer taking up 2IC position Temora 1964.
Trevor Johnston. Submitted by John Beer.
1950s was Second Officer Surfers Paradise when Surfers Paradise opened
1960s was relieving officer within Brisbane Office
1975 was Manager Southport branch
1975 joined CBC
1975 worked in Brisbane Office
1977 July transferred to Training
1981 August Current Accounts Pg 30 Brisbane - Training Typist/Training Officer.
- E E H Kingsmill retired as Manager Elizabeth Street Sydney on 29/9/62. Previously Manager Gundagai, Inverell and Tamworth, and Assistant Manager Brisbane Office. "He takes pride in the fact that his son is the 3rd generation of the family to serve the Bank". EEH Kingsmill spoke as Retired Manager Tamworth at Tamworth's N & NW Branches Dinner celebrating CBCofS Tamworth Centenary October 1969
- Marwood Kingsmill is believed to have been son of EEH Kingsmill and working in Tasmanaia and Manager Gloucester then to WA where he resigned to join something like Electricity Commission or Water Board. Marwood's wife is believed to have had some British Royal distinction (John Beer May 2007)
- Sir Edward Knox
1847 Managing Director
1901 passed away
- E W Knox (son of Sir Edward Knox):-
1933 passed away
- T F Knox (son of Sir Edward Knox):-
1919 passed away
- E R Knox
1928 Director (above from A Century of Banking)
- H K (Johnny) Knox
1970s Manager Penrith
- Elva Knox
was the widow of H. K. (Johnny) Knox,
Elva Knox died in April 2006 aged 100.
- she was the mother of Elaine:
1960 engagement to Ian Cadell of Perth Office (Current Accounts January 1961 page 46)
1960s worked in Branch Securities);
- mother-in-law of the late Ian Cadell (ex Regional Manager).
Commander John Lamb R.N. 1834 Deputy Chairman of 1st CBCofS Board; 1848-49 Chairman of CBCofS Board.
Commander John Lamb's 3 sons Walter J Lamb, Alfred Lamb and John de Vere Lamb were Directors / Auditors till 1898.
Cyril J Lamb 1888-1937, third generation was Manager Delegate, Quirindi, Kiama.
CJ Lamb was the grandfather of:
Felicity Welsch (see Robertson WG connection) and also
Cuthbert B Lamb 1899-1914, who were followed by 4th generation:-
Christian S Lamb 1925-26, now Mrs DN Hindmarsh;
Richard (Dick) H Lamb 1938-1990s, Manager Pittsworth Qld and Manager Mitchell Q 1965-1970); and
Clyde O. Lamb 1935-1990s. Clyde was Accountant at CBC Cootamundra 1962?, then Manager Quandialla 1960-66, later manager Kyogle, then Warren, retiring as Manager Dubbo. His children:
Patricia, daughter of Clyde, employee of Cootamundra CBC who John Beer used to swim with in Barmedman mineral Pool at weekends when Lamb family came to Barmedman mineral pool from Quandialla.
John O. Lamb, son of Clyde was a relieving Manager, then manager Cobar and Ulladulla. For some years he was Secretary of Australian Rough Riders Assn, (Rodeo riders - horses and bulls) and a real country boy. Robyn Tolmie advised August 2018 John Lamb is now residing in Queensland, near Ipswich.
All above Lambs are descendants of Commander John Lamb (see pages 10 & 11 Current Accounts January 1970).
Richard P. Gillan 1961-1969 was also a descendant.
Dick Lamb: Richard Henry Lamb passed away aged 97 on Friday 10th August at Southport, Gold Coast. Robyn Tolmie (nee Lamb) wrote: It was all very sudden and a shock to all. He was in fine health. My father (Dick) worked in the CBC Bank for 43 years; 1938 to 1981. He started banking life in Head Office Sydney, then proceeded to work in Branches – Willow Tree, Moruya, Beckom, Lismore, Murwillumbah, Head Office, Brisbane, West End, Fortitude Valley, Mitchell, Southport, Pittsworth, Cunnamulla, Ingham, Townsville, and relieving staff until retirement 1981.
He is a direct descendant of Commander John Lamb R.N. who was Chairman of the CBC of Sydney Board – 1848-1849. is Celebration of Life Service will be held at St Peters Anglican Church, 69 Nerang Street, Southport, Gold Coast on the 3rd September 2018 at 11:00 a.m. Anyone in the banking industry who knew Dad and can be contacted, is very welcome to attend “The last bank send-off” for Richard (Dick).
Robyn Tolmie (Lamb) advised August 2018: I notice a lot of my cousins and relatives are featured in your web site. Nepotism was rife way back then. John Lamb is now residing in Queensland, near Ipswich. I also worked in the CBC Bank. Branches :- Mitchell, Southport and Surfers Paradise. When the dust settles I will most certainly join up.
Mr. Bob (R.A.) Lindsay joined at Bellingen in 1920. Was Manager Beckom in 1936 the Parkes, Wagga and was manager Parramatta, from where he went to manager Haymarket. He retired from Haymarket on 10th February 1967 (from Current Accounts July 1967 Page 47).
His son Roger H.S. Lindsay was manager Mona Vale 1973-74 and it is thought later Manager Macquarie University (John Beer).
Lowe, Edward James (?-1922)
- The late Edward James Lowe, of Birriwa Homestead, Birriwa, N.S.W., was the second son of the late William Willard Lowe, of Eurunderie, Mudgee, and the grandson of Robert Lowe, who came to Australia in 1813 with personal letters to Governor Macquarie. His great grandfather on his mother's side was the late Lieut. William Lawson, the explorer. Mr. Lowe entered a surveyor's office at an early age, and later the service of the Commercial Banking Company of Sydney, under the late Beauchamp Stacy at Mudgee. While yet in his early twenties he was made manager of this bank at Wellington, and afterwards at Coolah and Chatsworth Island, on the River Clarence. In 1882 he married the second daughter of the late Duncan McMaster, and soon afterwards started life as a grazier at Birriwa, where he lived during the last forty years of his life. Mr. Lowe also owned Myall Plains, Bolaro and Tucklan.
He was a man who took a keen interest in the affairs, of the day, and of his district in particular, a sound churchman and a representative at the Bathurst Synod for many years. He was president of the Wyaldra Shire from its inception until 1920, and also president of the Bligh Amateur Racing Club for some years. He retired from active life on the land in 1920, when he, with Mrs. Lowe, took a trip to England.
Original publication Pastoral Review, 16 February 1922, pp 105-06
Citation details 'Lowe, Edward James (?–1922)', Obituaries Australia, National Centre of Biography, Australian National University, http://oa.anu.edu.au/obituary/lowe-edward-james-616/text617, accessed 15 July 2017. (John Beer)
- Harry A. Luscombe, was Manager Yass 1970 June 30 CBC Annual Report.
His daughter, Helen Luscombe of Head Office married Pat Shannon from Parramatta. (from Current Accounts, Jan 1968, Page 65)
Bert Luscombe was born on 7th March 1908. He died on 18th January 2009.
W.A. (Jim) Luscombe was born on 1st February 1906. He died on 14th July 2008 (our oldest member at 102), and was cremated at Bowral - notice in SMH 23/7/08. A single man who was many years ago a good member of our Club. Advised by Les Cornell and Kevin Meyer.
N - Z
Last modified: 23-Nov-2018 14:05:44 E.S.Time