In 1902 (107th Report) the Bank purchased three adjoining buildings in Barrack Street which "will give a fair return" until needed.
Photo courtesy Kevin Meyer
CBC with Bank of New South Wales head office on right.
1981-05-01 Current Accounts Vol 3 # 1 pg 32 :-
"1907 final extension took 343 George St building to 5 stories with exterior facade of the 2 top stories duplicating the Corinthian styling of the original base"
"At the request of Professor Leslie Wilkinson (Australia's 1st Professor of Architecture & Dean of the Faculty at Sydney University) CBCofS donated the original facade to Sydney Uni to provide additional accommodation for the Chemistry Department and to serve as an illustration of Gothic architecture".